Converting Registration Type
Provisional EHST to Standard REHS
An Environmental Health Specialist Trainee may convert their provisional EHST registration to the standard REHS registration upon passage of the REHS examination and, if applicable, completion of 2 years of training experience. A request for authorization to take the REHS exam may be submitted upon completion of 18 months of training experience.
- Request authorization to take the NEHA REHS Examination from the Board, complete the Application for REHS Status; the Board will provide a letter of authorization to take the REHS examination with instructions.
- Official Score Report is received directly from NEHA. Wait for notification of receipt of official score report on the REHS Examination from the Board.
- Passing Score - Go to Step 4: Did not Pass? You may request authorization to retake the examination in 30 days.
- Upon completion of the 2-year training period; submit Affidavit of Training Completion signed and dated by your REHS supervisor to the Board by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Affidavit may not be submitted or dated in advance of the completion of training.
- Go to Make a Payment to pay the REHS Conversion Fee.