- Complete the Electronic Fingerprinting Form provided with the Initial Application; or Obtain one fingerprint card from the agency taking the prints. The police or sheriff’s office may have blank cards for use.
- Go to an authorized LiveScan location for electronic fingerprinting and submission to the Department of Public Safety for processing of the criminal history background check; or Go to the police or sheriff’s office with fingerprint cards in hand.
- Have the LiveScan site personnel sign the fingerprinting receipt and submit the form with your Registration Application to the Board; or The applicant submits the fingerprint card with their application to the Board for processing.
- Your DONE!
Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing of LiveScan fingerprint results; or 4-5 weeks for processing of manual fingerprint cards. Once the fingerprinting results are received by the Board, the application will be finalized and registration issued.
Important for processing of hard-copy fingerprint cards, please read.
Your card cannot be processed without the following fields fully completed by you – either typed or printed in black ink. Failure to complete will result in return of the fingerprint card for correction and will cause delays in the processing of your application.
- Signature of Person Fingerprinted
- Residence of Person Fingerprinted
- Date and Signature (or ID #) of Official Taking Fingerprints
- Employer and Address
- Reason for Fingerprints as NRS 625A.100.
- Last, first and middle name or initial
- Aliases (If none, indicate none)
- Social Security number
- Miscellaneous number as 881193
- Sex, Race, Height, Weight, Eye color, Hair color
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Leave all other fields blank